Friday, January 02, 2004

2004 is here! Happy New Year!

On Wednesday I spoke to one of those heading the new student association, and it seems it's rapidly going towards an early demise. It seems the university authorities are doing everything to kill it - they don't let us sign people up anymore on campus or even at the gate. They even threatened to bring any student who comes to the new association's meetings on campus before the discipline committee (I'm not sure if that's how it's called in English). A lot of this seems to be against the laws of the State of Israel. As far as I know, these kinds of rules are only imposed in my university and not in any other in Israel. Now I guess the only recourse is legal action by the new association against the current association and the university.

Anyway, as I've said before - I hope the new council will bring positive change as soon as possible, even before any legal action comes to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment