Friday, June 11, 2004

Skydiving and Dead Presidents

Today was Reagan's funeral. Former President George H. W. Bush, Reagan's VP, is supposed to sky dive right afterwards (either today or tomorrow, I'm not sure). At first I thought it was inappropriate for him to celebrate his 80th birthday in such a manner so close to his predecessor's funeral. I didn't watch the ceremony (I guess I subconsciously decide to watch famous funerals only if those who died did so tragically, like Yitzhak Rabin or Princess Diana), but I heard that Bush seemed very emotional, even choking up a bit during his eulogy. I've come to the conclusion that I was wrong. Bush is truly sad about Reagan's death, but life goes on. And tomorrow he will become an octogenarian, and he has every right to celebrate in any way he chooses.

No comments:

Post a Comment