Friday, June 18, 2004

The Best and Worst Week

It's the weekend now, and as I look back at the last few days, I've come to the conclusion that it somehow managed to combine the most positive and most negative things that have happened to me recently. Socially, it was the best week I've had in quite a while. I went out with friends three times and had a great time with them.

But with my family, it has been the worst week since we discovered my nephew is autistic. Now we know that his pedophile teacher definitely molested him. When my middle sister (my nephew's aunt) told my eldest sister (his mother) that she just remembered that a while ago he told her that he had gone to the teacher's apartment to watch television. My eldest sister knew about this - she was told by the teachers that they do that once in a while when she first saw the kindergarten, but then she saw nothing wrong with it, since she assumed a large group of kids go. But now, it sounded alarming.

She asked my nephew whether he went with the teacher to his apartment. He said yes, and when she asked which other people were with them he said the two of them were alone. When she asked what they did there, he looked sad and didn't want to answer. When she asked again he said the teacher told him not to say.

I feel so sad and angry. I hope the police nail the guy. This man cannot be allowed to work with children. He should be in jail - but if that fails, he should at least not be a kindergarten teacher.

What added to the sadness of the week came today, when I found out my uncle is dying of cancer. He has a slowly progressing form of leukemia which has no cure. Half of those with this disease can live on for about 12 more years, half live less. Hopefully, a cure will be found in time.

It was the best of weeks, it was the worst of weeks. Unfortunately, this time the negative has a stronger effect on me, so it was a bad week for me, despite the three social outings.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, it does help. I don't have anything new about the pedophile, but I have a feeling he'll get what he deserves.

    ReplyDelete