Friday, July 14, 2006

Too Little Information

What is going on in Southern Lebanon and in Northern Israel? All I know is that Israel and Hezbollah are bombarding each other and civilians are getting killed. Yesterday, Israeli television was focused all day on the events, with a lot of info about where rockets hit in Israel, but I still don't know enough about the targets in Lebanon. I've heard names of places, I know about the airport - but I don't really know what's going on there. Is it a Hezbollah stronghold or not? CNN, BBC and other foreign news sources haven't given me enough information either.

I do not have the ability to say whether or not my government is acting wisely. On the face of it, it looks like Israel is going over the top, bombing civilian infrastructure. Officials are saying we are only targeting Hezbollah. I hope that's the case. We have to hit the terrorist organization hard, but not harm the Lebanese factions who are sick and tired of them and their de facto sovereignty over the southern portion of Lebanon.

Hezbollah presence along the border must be crippled, if not totally destroyed. The Fouad Siniora government must not.

Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Israel has the right to defend herself, but how bombing an international civilian airport will bring the abductees back, takes rather a stretch of the imagination to see.

    ReplyDelete