Friday, May 14, 2004

It's been a horrible week. 11 dead soldiers in Gaza. There's a big peace rally in Tel-Aviv's Rabin Square tomorrow, calling for a withdrawal from Gaza and resuming peace talks. Despite the fact that I'm swamped with papers to prepare, I've considered going (maybe because Dana said she'll be there), but I probably won't go. I've got mixed feelings - I don't think we should stay in Gaza, but I'm not sure if a one-sided retreat is a good idea. Who knows - it worked in Lebanon, so maybe it'll work here too. Anyway, I'm against Sharon's seperation plan, because it's partial and won't be effective enough. We should start talking to someone on the other side. Not Arafat himself, but even people who are his yesmen can be partners - a treachurous counterpart treated cautiously while keeping in mind that he's treachurous is better than what we have now.

Nothing much is new with Dana. We've started working on the paper together. So far I haven't detected any signals from her (positive or negative), so there's nothing much to discuss at this point. I'll just keep on trying, and maybe soon enough I'll have the nerve to be more direct.

This week I saw my nephew's regular kindergarten for the first time. There was a class and he didn't seem to do what others were doing. It was a bit depressing, but I hope he was just distracted by us being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment