Thursday, April 22, 2004

There's something I feel a bit awkward about. I have this female friend, who I'm not interested in, despite the fact that she's very cute, because she's 28 years old. Anyway, we study together, but weren't really friends until recently. We just said hi to each other and that's it. Anyway, we recently started talking frequently on-line, but we still don't get to talk much in person. The other day, as I was waiting for a ride home, she passed by and asked if I want to get coffee. I'm sure she has no romantic intentions (I believe she has a boyfriend), just friends hanging out together. For some reason, a harsh "no" came out of my mouth (I don't know why), and I said I don't have time. Frankly, I could have just called my sister and told her not to wait for me, but I guess I'm like a damn teenager embarassed to admit my sister is giving me a ride. Either that or I don't feel like explaining why my sister takes her son from kinergarten not far from the university, while she lives on the other side of the city (it's the special school).

If you aren't interested in her why are you so bothered? - you probably ask. Well, I'd like as many friends as possible, and I hope she won't think I'm one of those freaks who only talk to people on-line and run away from being around people in person.

My nephew told my sister and me that there's a kid who hits him at his kindergarten (the regular one he attends 3 hours each day before going to the special one). It's good that he told us, otherwise we wouldn't have known. My sister's husband is returning from reserve duty tomorrow, and I'm sure the two of them will discuss what they should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment