Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Great Democratic Debate

It's the middle of the night here in Israel, and I'm watching the Democratic debate on CNN. I'm enjoying it immensely. Unlike other debates I've watched, that were pretty boring, this one is very interesting. All three candidates have done very well, mixing in real discussion of the issues with a fascinating kind of bickering and jokes.

Hillary Clinton and John Edwards showed great understanding of the issues, bombarding Obama with criticism. I think Clinton was also successful in emphasizing her experience. Obama was successful in deflecting most of the criticism and showing his sense of humor (not that a sense of humor should be one of the considerations in selecting a president).

Nobody won this debate. John Edwards might have gained the most out of it, reminding voters that he's still around and still serious. I personally don't like him and don't want him as president, or even vice president, but I was impressed by Edwards's performance tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment