Thursday, October 28, 2004

My Wish for Tomorrow Morning

Yasser Arafat's health condition is reportedly very bad. Some reports have even said Arafat is unconscious, though the Palestinians deny this. This horrible man, who I once mistakenly believed had changed his stripes, has been one of the worst leaders the world has ever seen. The damage he has inflicted upon Israel, the world and his own people, is huge.

Arafat is an obstacle to any progress, as long as he is alive. If Israel would kill him, he would remain an obstacle even after death, perhaps even a greater one than he is now. But if he dies naturally, though it may bring a degree of instability in the short term, it will be a very positive turning point in the long run.

So, now I am about to go to sleep. Hopefully, when I wake up tomorrow morning I'll find out that during the night Arafat died, preferably in excruciating pain as a huge gallstone on its way out of the urinal tract brought on a massive heart attack. Just because I want him to die naturally doesn't mean I want him to die in peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment